5 Oct, 2021
Fixed Income Regional Market Watch
Fixed Income Regional Market Watch report covers a range of EUR and USD state and corporate Eurobonds issued in CIS, Caucasus, Eastern Europe and extended Region
- Rates on longer dated US treasury securities noticeably increased in nominal as well as real terms.
- Inflationary expectations for US have prominently increased in mid September for 2021 as well as for 2022.
- The market implied Fed funds rate has significantly increased in September, in line with the FOMC’s aggressive tone.
- Minor decreases have been recorded in European and US equity indices throughout the month with the FTSE 350, the STOXX 600, the S&P 500, the MSCI World, and the MSCI Emerging Markets indices posting mid single-digit MoM decreases.
- Gold prices decreased in September, putting a stop to the elongated period of upward sloping dynamics since March 2021. Oil prices showed a noticeable 8% MoM increase by the end of September.
- The Dollar index has posted an increase, following a stable period throughout the summer. The Emerging Markets Capital Flow Index as well as the Emerging Markets Currency Index posted a minor decrease, in the same period.